Oral histories have been recorded starting in 1977 on audio cassettes and videotapes. Videotapes have been converted into digital recordings as seen on this page.
Oral histories continue to be collected. If you are interested in sharing your story, contact Charles Bates at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 419-222-9426.
- Railroading and Lima Locomotive Works
- Work at area institutions, including Superior Coach and Westinghouse
- Veteran and wartime stories
- Growing up in Lima in the 1930s, 40s, and 50s
- The Black community in Lima and Allen County
- Allen County Museum
Oral histories offer greater insight into historical events through personal memories and perspectives. As first hand accounts, the language and terminology used in oral histories reflect the narrators’ beliefs, culture, and personal understanding and biases.
The museum is still working to verify stories as well as research them to provide historical context.
If you are interested volunteering to assist in researching for our oral history program, please contact Brittany Venturella, Director of Curatorial Affairs, at email@example.com.